Short, Creepy and Free




As some of you may know, I'm currently in America (hopefully having a blast and getting fat on Halloween candy). It seems almost wrong for me not to post something a little bit spooky seeing as Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year. Free candy, costumes, parties and of course scary movies.

I thought I'd do a post about 3 of my favourite creepy shorts that I've found on Youtube. I've tried to pick the top 3 that won't leave anyone with an overwhelming sense of fear and dread, because we all like sleep. Also it would be great and all if you came back to my blog.

1. There's a Man in the Woods

An excellent self-fulfilling prophecy that could easily happen, which kind of adds to the horror of this short film. The animation is somewhat kind of crude in terms of style, but I really like it. Since seeing this short film I have shown pretty much all my friends and family, and it has had them all feeling creeped out.

Scary Level: Chills



2. Alma

Imagine if the much beloved Pixar company turned evil, and then created a new short story. This is the only way I can think to describe this short film. I adore the little hints throughout, though you will most likely find yourself yelling at the screen. Definitely not a film for those with a fear of dolls, this creepy tale is effective and disturbing.

Scary Level: Unsettling


3. Francis

A pretty cool story the likes of which you would have heard at a sleepover or around a camp fire. The animation in this short is quite simply beautiful, so I can recommend you watch it for that reason alone. I really like this short simply because the cause of the horror is never seen, this one tends to leave you with more questions than answers.

Scary Level: Spine Tingling




Comments

Popular Posts