In the Town Where I was Born



It's not that often that I'll write anything about fashion, but there's no way I wasn't going to get all snap happy with my new shoes. They're almost too awesome to wear outside (almost) but I can't wait to see some reactions to them.

I fell in love with these shoes a few weeks ago when I visited Hanley and just happened to venture into the Schuh store looking for some new vans, hopefully stocked in a nice burgundy shade as black was getting a little old and boring after already having two pairs of black vans already worn out. I left empty handed as the pricing was a little shocking considering I only paid about £28 for my last pair of Vans, but their Beatles collection was stuck in my mind since then.

Skip ahead to last Friday, my Mum offered to treat me to a new pair of shoes seeing as my current pair were falling apart. As a poor jobless schmuck I wasn't going to say no, and my face immediately lit up when I saw these shoes in the sale section for only £34.99, marked down from £55. What made it even better? They actually had my size for once! They were essentially sold before I'd even tried them on (exceedingly comfortable, I must say).


Unfortunately, here's where I felt that Schuh let me down. The guy dealing with the purchase processed everything through the till, neglecting to tell my Mum that they were still full price. Why were they still full price? Was it an error on the till? A case of bad labeling? No, it was because I am a size 7. If I had size 6 feet or lower then I would have got them at sale price. I must have missed the memo that this can happen, nevertheless, I feel like this was an incredibly naughty thing to do, and sneaky of the shop assistant not to tell us they were still full price until the transaction had been completed.

So a big thank you to my Mum for still treating me to the shoes, but from now on I'll just be another one of those dickheads that just comes in to check their size before ordering it cheaper online.


Comments

Popular Posts