Pink is the New Kind of Lingo



After dabbling with reds, silvers and lilac shades I thought it was time that returned to my old favourite: pink. Seeing as I was starting a new job this month I thought it would be best to test the waters with some light pink hues, and it gave me a good excuse to try out the Bleach London hair dyes everyone seems to love so much.

Unfortunately I got distracted, and ended up picking up a bottle of the Bleach London Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. It made sense at the time, and I do like to have a play around with products that I've not googled to death previously. I suppose that's part of the fun of being a blogger? Unless it's a waste of time and money, then it's not-so-fun.

Reading the description on the back, I really needed this product a few months ago when I had a problem with green stains in my hair. At least I can take it with me on holiday next month just in case it turns green in the pool (I've heard that it's a real thing that happens, but we'll see). It's also great for slowly building up pigment in your hair, or simply maintaining your already pink locks. I decided to use it to slowly build up colour in my hair as I was (shockfuckinghorror) getting bored with blonde.


I didn't quite realise exactly how subtle it would be. Admittedly during my first use I freaked out a bit and didn't leave either product in for very long just in case my hair was feeling unexpectedly absorbent. It created a very beautiful pink hue that wasn't as noticeable as my usual pastel choices.

Aside from making my hair a very beautiful shade of pink, I think the formula is lacking in terms of moisture considering the line was created for bleached hair (and claims to be nourishing on their website). After a few weeks of use I did have to use my usual conditioner dye trick to get a more vibrant pink so that the colour would last through more nourishing treatments.

It doesn't smell particularly nice either. Not offensive, but not great. It's sort of attempting to be sweet, but with a kind of plastic undertone. Unlike their reincarnation mask, which smells of pure yum and good.

I'm still not 100% sure what I think of the packaging, as it looks pretty snazzy, matching all their other products and such, and it's a great size for travelling in my opinion. But the inability to squeeze out the last few bits of conditioner can be annoying as well as trying to screw the lid back on the bottle before it gets water-logged. It's only a matter of time before I have a nasty accident in the shower. Pump action anyone?

In terms of the colour results and longevity of the product I would definitely repurchase these, but I probably wouldn't recommend it for long term use if your hair is prone to snapping and split ends. It's probably best used to maintain pastel pinks or add a pink hue.

Bleach London Rose Shampoo and Conditioner is available in Boots and on the Bleach London Website, retailing at £6 for 250ml.

Comments

Popular Posts