If it's Love I'll See You later





Vice 3 is probably one of the most anticipated launches for Christmas this year. I have had a list a mile long for customers reserving this palette since September, which is pretty crazy considering it only launched in America last month. I managed to resist this palette for 2 whole trips to Sephora before I caved in to the paranoia that all my stock would be sold out by the time I got back to the UK. Also I was intrigued as to whether it would be any different compared to the UK stock, which I can confirm that it isn't, which is good (I guess).

The Vice palettes have been my favourite UD Christmas launches, it's wonderful to see a new product that isn't part of the naked collection (not that I have anything against nudes, but I love colour). Admittedly Urban Decay has not disappointed me this year, also launching the Shadow Box (£22) the Full Frontal Lipstick Stash (£29) a Christmas 24/7 Pencil Collection (£35) and the 24/7 Black Magic Collection (£27). We're also celebrating the triumphant return of the Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Face and Body (£22) a gorgeous must-have for Christmas parties and budding Magical Girls.



Keeping with the usual theme of the previous Vice palettes, this palette contains 20 brand new never before seen shades and a double ended brush which is pretty useful in my opinion although I know not everyone has gotten on with it in the past. Personally, I'm hoping that they release some of these shades as single eyeshadows at a later date because I just know I'm going to run out of the pinks and copper shades. It's more than likely that these colours will be forgotten about like previous palettes, maybe one or two shades reappearing in later limited palettes.

One thing that makes this palette stand out above the rest, is the organisation of the colours. I don't know about you, but I quite like it when palettes are co-ordinated and matching shades are all grouped together. As someone who needs to apply the warpaint at 6:30am every morning, my brain is not capable of understanding colours. So it's nice to have them all together



These first four shades are rather pretty, but nothing special in terms of a festive palette. They're lovely for every day use and are the more subtle shades within the palette. 'Truth' is my go-to down-blending shade as it has a slightly pink hue to it, but isn't overly pigmented. The one shade I have trouble explaining is DTF, which stands for "Down To Fuck" according to google (I'm not very with it, so I have to google these things). Another nice shade for a subtle smoky eye, just weird shade to give a dodgy name to.




These shades are beautiful but will probably see the least amount of action unless I'm having a day where I need a weird pop of colour. 'Dragon' is a gorgeous shade that I will strive to use despite my booger-green eyes, and 'Heroine' is the perfect ingredient for a more exciting smoked out look. I love swatching 'Freeze', but I'm unsure how I would be able to pull it off.



Here's where the favoritism starts. Normally the Vice palettes are heavy on the purple shades. But not this year. 'Vanity' is a gorgeous wine coloured purple that I've already started to dent (I need it for work, I swear) and 'Lucky' adds a wonderful warm highlight to the centre of the lid. 'Bobby Dazzle' has stolen my heart though. I use it for my brow bone, my inner corners, I've even used it on its own effectively without looking like a chav. Bonus!





Ultimate favourites! If I could, I would decorate my entire body with 'Alien'. It's the most beautiful soft pink I have ever seen in my life. Alchemy is a wonderful shade for adding shots of colour to a look, such as the crease or the lower lid, and is a wonderful transition shade for 'Bondage'. I have yet to wear Sonic on my eyes as I worry it might be a little bit too red, but layered over the top of Urban Decay's lipstick in 'Shame' or Kat Von D's 'Motorhead' and you'll have everyone asking you about it.



They have finally created a shade more beautiful than Sin, and after all the variants on Midnight Cowboy you think they would have made it sooner. I can see 'Last Sin' being released as a single eyeshadow first (if they do decide to release these shades again, which they should hinthintfuckinghint). Angel is a lovely shimmery taupe that graduates beautifully into 'Defy', which I wasn't actually expecting to be a shimmer. 'Revolver' reminds me a little bit of 'Oil Slick' a classic shade in most of Urban's older palettes, only this time you don't have to deal with any messy glitter.

It goes without saying that this has to be the best Vice palette so far. It's organised, you can use it for subtle and crazy looks, and it came with a really neato zippy case that you can use to house your palette and keep it safe from the elements or as a make up bag.

An excellent investment for those who love colour as well as their Naked palettes, it is available for £42 on the at Debenhams, grab it while you still can!

Comments

Popular Posts