Glitter in the Air




If you've followed me from my previous blog, then you will know that I'm a massive fan of glitter, nail polish and of course; Barry M. Every year during the festive season, Barry M releases several new glitter polishes. This year I decided to go all out and collect them all, two being exclusive to Boots and the other two shades exclusive to Superdrug.


Starting with the two shades exclusive to Boots, Starlight and Moonlight. Starlight is a beautiful holographic gold glitter, speckled with tiny silver stars.  A great shade to go over the top of a dark plum, raspberry or black polish. It is by far my favourite of the the festive shades. Moonlight is a mixture of shattered red glitter shards, silver glitter and stars. Another pretty shade, with a higher concentration of star glitter, something I don't feel we see enough in modern glitter nail polishes.


After my trip to Boots, I scoured the local Superdrug on my quest to complete my festive collection. The two shades available in Superdrug are Jingle Bells and Christmas Tree. I'm pretty in love with the shade Christmas Tree, as it reminds me of one of their Christmas shades a few years ago that looked pretty epic paired with a perfect dark viridian shade as if your nails were a festive tree.



Jingle Bells is a wonderful shade from just looking at the bottle, but you need at least two coats to get a decent amount of glitter on your claws. A bonus is that it's another shade with tiny stars, a slight struggle to get them out, but I swear they are in there. I'd probably pair this shade with a very deep wine shade or a cheery green.


So what are your thoughts and opinions on the new Barry M christmas glitters? Have you seen their new christmas advert featuring the adorable bunny? (That seemingly hates the holidays and has an addiction to angry birds). If you haven't here it is!




Comments

Popular Posts