Too Kawaii To Live





As you may have guessed, my love for Puella Magi Madoka Magica is still going strong. So strong in fact that I revisited my favourite Etsy shop Starlight Deco Dream for another dose of kawaii neck bling. I originally wanted to purchase a Soul Gem based on Mami Tomoe, but with the theme for Mami being yellow, I felt that it would just look a little bit like a lump of gold plastic. I decided to go for Madoka's Soul Gem, despite not being a girly girl that adores everything pink, Madoka is my second favourite character of the series.

Whilst I was on Holiday I managed to get my grubby little paws on the manga series, this time opting to read "The Different Story" before I inevitably build my collection with the original storyline. I was glad to finally pick up on a story line that focused more on Mami Tomoe and her previously unseen relationship with Kyoko Sakura.



It's once again a very dark story that left me feeling incredibly sad and torn. I know that this story will never have the happy ending that I want it to have, but I'm going to live in hope that one day I'll get the ending that will satisfy my inner fan girl. If you enjoyed the original series and wanted more character depth, I highly recommend the Different Story.


Comments

Popular Posts